Tuesday 11 December 2007

My Christmas Top!

Have I mentioned how much I like the Burdastyle website? There are so many lovely patterns to download, for free! Another one of the 'very easy' patterns (like the Jane pyjamas below) is the Ellinor (8516) blouse, and this is what I've made for my second project.


I found the fabric in Textile Express in Oswestry (which is a fab shop if you like fabric or anything to do with sewing), and had a brainwave - why don't I make a Christmassy top to wear on Christmas day?? Yes I do know I'm crazy.

Above is the rear view and below is another look at the front. It's a tunic with an empire line gather under the bust. I love the sleeves and their shape at the wrist. In the pattern there's meant to be a ribbon or trim around the neckline, down either side of the slit and then it hangs loose down the front. It didn't quite work out like that for me (stupid ribbon!) and I've therefore added a press stud to change the opening at the front to a slit.


No comments:

Post a Comment